Saturday 19 May 2012

Final Training Walk

That's it, I've officially finished my training. Next time I go to put on my walking shoes and strap on my rucksack it will be at the start of my challenge, in just over a week.


Today was an easy twelve miler up to the South of England Showground, around Ardingly Reservoir and back home, nearly the reverse of the route I did four weeks ago.  The weather was perfect, if I can book a week of this that would be prefect.


The walk passed without incident and I definitely feel that my training has paid off. My pack feels good and my shoes are worn in, so I'm feeling positive.

It was also great to see Ardingly Reservoir looking more healthy. It's the fullest I've seen it for a long time - the eight weeks of constant rain has at least be worth it for some thing.




No comments:

Post a Comment